Wednesday, July 25, 2007

New Found Glory Interview

New Found Glory
By Scott Bolohan
Jul 24, 2007, 12:02

Email this article
Printer friendly page
Senior Class
New Found Glory

As veterans of three Warped Tours, New Found Glory find themselves now as an influence for many of the younger bands on the tour. But this time around has been different for them: NFG don’t have a new album out or even a record label, for that matter. Despite the uncertainties, vocalist Jordan Pundik seems able to enjoy the tour now more than ever.

How’s Warped Tour been going?
It’s been awesome, man ... It’s been really cool so far; it’s almost like we’re seniors or something. Like the senior class. We’re playing later in the day, we’ve closed a lot of the shows. It’s been relaxed in the sense that we’re not really pushing anything, I mean we have a cover album coming out in September, but Warped Tour isn’t really for that. It was just to be on tour, play shows and have fun.

Your first Warped Tour was in 2002, have you noticed any changes since then?
There’s a lot of bands now and they’re all doing good, you know what I mean? It’s hard to explain. I was talking to these kids who I thought were in one band, but they were in another band; it’s kind of confusing.

What are some of your best memories from past Warped Tours?
I love the fact that everyone hangs out afterwards. It’s weird, I haven’t really noticed a lot of that on this tour, there’s definitely people hanging out, but the last time we did the tour, there were parties every night, just chaos backstage. It seems a little more calm this year, but it’s only been a couple of weeks.

What does Warped Tour mean to you?
I don’t know if I could say in one word, but I know with me I went to the first Warped Tour ever when it came to Fort Lauderdale and I’ve been going ever since. Then I started a band, we played at the local stage, then we got on the side stage for two weeks and then we got to the main stage. It’s just been a part of New Found Glory’s history. | RDW

No comments:

Post a Comment