Saturday, January 31, 2009

31/1/09

Today was probably my least exciting day here so far. Making this probably the most boring blog post so far.

I went to the library, which is just outside by building, to print off my boarding passes and bus pass. I couldn't log in, so I had to go get a new password. Then I went back up and tried to print, but the paper for the printer wasn't the right size, so it would jam up every time I tried. I'd have to open up the printer and yank the paper out, usually ripping it. I did this for about 15 minutes. Then I came back to my room and realized I didn't print out the return flight, so I went back and did that.

I booked my train ticket to the airport (leaving at 4 am) which means I'm going to leave around 3 to take the night bus to get down there. I don't know how sleep is going to work tonight. My flight is about 3.5 hours (and going ahead two hours with the time zone) so hopefully I can sleep some then.

The weather is looking a lot better, during most of the time I'll be there it's only going to rain in the morning. When I get there tomorrow I should miss all the rain. I'm planning on going to the Acropolis right after I drop off my bag at the hostel.

I went down to Primark to buy the trench coat, but the lines were going to take about a half hour so I decided I'd just come back later. With my foot completely better (although I took a beating wandering around Edinburgh for two days, I decided to buy some insoles for my shoes. One of the best purchases I've made here.

I made another pizza for dinner and then researched how to get to my hostel on wikitravel (one of my favorite website) and read about Athens some more. It sounds like there's going to be a lot more to do there than I thought. I took a little break and cut pictures out of the papers I have lying around and put them on my bathroom door in another effort to de-submarine the place. It's sort of my version of Sgt. Pepper. Dylan, Obama, Mr. Bean, Stevie Wonder, Bruno, just to name a few. I hope by the time I leave I'll have the door covered. I feel like this also makes me slightly closer to becoming a serial killer.

Around 7:45 I left to go get my trench coat and when I got down to Primark, it was closed. I was pretty upset. I guess I'm going to take my peacoat and a hoodie and the combo of the two should be alright there. But it definitely messed up my plans.

I decided to stop and get some Ben and Jerry's out of a vending machine. It was pretty cool, it vacuumed the ice cream out. Pretty crazy stuff. I feel like we have this technology in the States, but I was still pretty excited.

I think I might try to sleep a little before I go and it sounds like wifi is pay over there. If it's cheap I'll update over the next couple days. If not, I'll have another mega posting day on Wednesday. I imagine I'll take more picture than I did in Edinburgh, which is pretty terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment