Friday, April 24, 2009

23/4/09

I got up later than I wanted to and made my way down to the Hannah Montana premiere at 12:30 (a half hour late as Kim would happily remind you). There were people already lining the barriers set up, so we weren't really sure where to go. They were going to set up more barriers around the area and we thought we could just wait until they did that.

We walked down to Piccadilly Circus and went to Boots to print out pictures of Miley Cyrus I grabbed before I left. We also stopped in Starbucks on the way back, and I caused all sorts of problems using my card because they tried to run it as a credit card like four times and eventually I think they just couldn't figure it out so I think I ended up getting it for free.

By the time we got back they had started to put up the other barriers, so we made our way over there and got a good spot against one of them. As we stood around and saw how it was being set up, I decided we would be in a terrible spot because they would drop the people off right there and the car would exit in front of us, missing everyone. So we went over to the pen that was already set up and tried to stand on the gate. A British lady yelled at me for taking her spot, to which I replied that if it was her spot, how was I standing there?

Eventually security said that we had to keep that area cleared so we went in by some young British kids and their moms, figuring we could squeeze in there. It also looked like they were setting up a place for her to give a concert from the balcony right over us, seemed like a good spot, plus it was right by the entrance.

We stayed there for a couple hours and Heidi ended up joining us too. It was nice, we just sorta hung out. Soon a bunch of cameras from around the world came by and got the kids to scream, many of them interviewing the kids in front of us, so we stood awkwardly in the back, trying not to look old and creepy. The kids ended up being really nice, very impressed we were from America, so that was kinda cool.

Soon some guy named Brad from one of the Jonas Brothers movies came out and started signing before MCing the event. Then a bunch of dancers came out and performed the "Hodown Throwdown" Miley Cyrus dance, which was entertaining at least.

Around 5:30 Miley and Billy Ray Cyrus came out and walked the carpet, going right for the paparazzi. Then they made their way around for about an hour, signing autographs for seemingly everyone. Kim, Heidi (she ended up with two somehow and gave one to a kid) and I all got autographs. Billy Ray all skipped us though. I wanted a photo with both of them, but there wasn't any way it would happen with the madness. Oh well.

A couple of other people came out, none that I really knew, and some signed. Soon Miley and Billy Ray went up on the balcony and just thanked the fans for coming, nothing big, no concert. Bummer. It was fun though, the weather was nice and now I have a Miley Cyrus autograph. I'm not going to be a very good grown up.

When we left, I wanted to get a sign, somehow Heidi got one. When I say a sign, I mean a 4x3 or so poster of the Hannah Montana movie on really heavy paper. Ridiculous. As we walked though London to find somewhere to eat, people were staring at me (the best was a London Paper guy who didn't even hide him staring, pretty funny). We went to an Indian place just off Oxford Circus, which was pretty cheap, and really good too.

I had a vegetable and yogurt curry kinda dish and rice. Awesome, I really love Indian food. The waiter took the giant Miley Cyrus poster and put it over by the coats. So funny.

We left and I went back to get some stuff done, getting most of the blog together (with still a ton to do).

No comments:

Post a Comment