Saturday, April 25, 2009

24/4/09

I spent most of the day working on getting the blog together, and still somehow feel like I have a ton more to do.

I went with Heidi down to Foyles (supposedly the biggest bookstore in Europe) to look at travel books but they didn't have anything for Tangier there either. We then walked down to Primark and I got some socks and a cool button down army green shirt with sleeve roller-up things.

We went into some shoe stores along Oxford Street while she looked for sandals, and I got bored with that so I would just stand outside and read The London Paper.

I came back and did some more work, including stuff for the trip and trying to figure out some more about my next couple days here. I sent in my invoice for the column this week. I also saw that Rasula Strohl, who used to work for RedEye and I met him when I was there, is one of the editors at espnchicago.com. I'm going to try to get in touch with him and see if I can freelance there too. It can't hurt. I wanted to go to a cafe down on Baker Street with wifi, but it was closed. I think I'll go tomorrow, I've been looking for a place like that for a while.

I went and did my laundry for the third time since I've been here which was good. I then tried to go up on the roof to get wifi, but I couldn't connect anywhere for some reason. I don't get why the wifi doesn't work a lot of the places, especially getting the school's wifi, I feel like that should be doable.

I came back to my room and worked some more. I sent a couple emails and put up photos. I wanted to go out and do something just to get out so I ended up going for a walk down to Trafalgar Square. I stopped on my way and redeemed my free sugar doughnut I won on the Monopoly game piece. It was sort of strange, very soft, in a bad way. There were a lot of people out and a nice night, so it was good, although by the end of it I was pretty tired.

Tomorrow Bob Dylan is here, but it's sold out. I'm hoping to go down there early to stalk him/get a scalped ticket. I don't think it should be that hard, I'm hoping to go under face value. I also need to print stuff off and pack up a little. Tomorrow should be busy again, hopefully getting all my blogs up and just about ready to go on the next huge trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment