Wednesday, April 8, 2009

7/4/09

I finished up my paper, which took longer than I anticipated. It didn't end up great, but basically as long as I turned it in, I wasn't going to fail, so I would pass my class. That's fine with me, there's too much else going on. I printed it off and went down to the Wells Street campus to turn it in. I'm officially done with school forever. I tried not to think about it too much.

I then walked down to the National Gallery and returned my Picasso book that I used for referencing. They asked me why I was retuning it, so I just said that I my mom already had it. That always works.

Since I didn't have much time, I took the train back. I figured out how to to get to Selhurst Park. I went to London Bridge and transferred to the Southern Line, it took about 12 minutes from London Bridge to get there.

We didn't know where to go so we just followed all the people, which worked. We got seats in block V, row 31, seats 99 and 100. It was in the center of the field and under the roof, which made it a little warmer I think.

There were no crazy soccer hooligans and I never felt treated or like a fight would break out. It could be because it was a second division match and both Crystal Palace and Coventry City were eliminated from the playoffs already. The best part was that they did chants all during the game, many to popular songs (the White Stripes "Seven Nation Army" was popular). It felt at times a little like a glorified high school game with the stadium half full, although I loved being there. I hadn't been to a sporting event in around five months, so it was great to be there.

The concessions were really cheap (they don't really gouge you here I've noticed) and they had some strange things, so I got a tea since I was sorta chilly and I thought it would be ridiculous to have at a sporting event. It was very bitter.

I really loved being there, even though Crystal Palace was completely outplayed. They managed a 1-1 draw, I'm really glad I went, even if they dive all the time here and most of the action is pointless. It was a different atmosphere. I want to go to another.

I went into the team store to try to get a t-shirt but they didn't have any. I thought about getting a home jersey with a free away jersey, but I thought I'd never wear them, and they were about £20 more than I wanted to pay.

I took the train back to Victoria (took a while) and then went to get cake from Tesco. It was closed, so I went into McDonald's and got a Cadbury Egg McFlurry, which is awesome.

I came back and spent forever on this and watching Edwin Jackson pitch awesome but Brandon Lyon blow the game. On the bright side, Jim Thome homered for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment