Saturday, April 4, 2009

3/4/09

I got up around 11:30 and worked on getting my paper all together. I spent most of the afternoon on this, as well as writing outlines for my column ideas. I also created a website just for my columns so they're all in one place and easy to fine. It's at scottbolohancolumns.blogspot.com, nothing that interesting. I'll still post the columns to this blog too.

Heidi wanted to go down to the chocolate festival that was going on down by Waterloo Station, so I went too. Turns out the chocolate festival was more like the six tents of people selling chocolate festival.

Luckily, there was a demonstration from a French guy on making chocolate truffles, with a tasting after. We got there about 20 minutes early and got seats. I didn't care at all about how to make them, I just really wanted the sample, they looked good and were pretty big. Soon a big crowd of people gather around the outside (the tent was really small). Once the tasting started, there was a stampede to the front and neither of us got one. I was really, really upset. There's few things that make me more upset than thinking you'll get free chocolate, watching them make it, and then not get it.

We walked along the river for a little and I saw some people down along the water, on a tiny beach, so we went down there. They had a lot of good skipping stones so I threw a bunch in the water, which was fun. At one point a boat came by and a relatively big wave nearly soaked me, I had to run out of the way. Down toward the more sandy edge, kids were doing backflips off the wall, which was really cool to see.

We walked around for a while and got 'flakes' from an ice cream truck. I see them all over here, and it was really awesome.

There was the guided tour of the National Gallery at 7 that I wanted to go to, so we went over there. A group of about 25 people took the tour with us, which was given by a great guide, a funny Brit who hated rich people and religion. The tour was themed on 'spring rebirth' so we looked at a number of different paintings, going into detail on them, most of which I would have walked by without thinking a thing out them. I loved the tour, I want to take a lot more there, and Friday night when it's open late, there were hardly any people in there, so it might be like my new hangout.

We walked around for a while and I came back and did some more work on the paper. It's basically done, I'm going to go over it again tomorrow. It's not my best paper ever, but it should get the job done. Tomorrow I'm thinking I'm going to go see the plastic dinosaurs in the park, one of the things I really wanted to do in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment