Sunday, April 26, 2009

26/4/09

I spent hours today on the blog, getting a lot of it done. I decided to go down to the cafe to work on it for a while, which was nice to just get outside because it was beautiful. I ordered a crossiant and a cafe fredo, which was really good but since it was a cold drink I drank it in like a second. That's a nice thing about coffee/tea.

The wifi there was not very good at all and they gave you 30 minute time cards, so it wasn't really the most inviting place to work, so I didn't stay all that long, but nice to get outside for a while.

I went and took some money out and went to Tesco for some crackers and a Starbar. The Starbar was good, different again, with peanuts and caramel inside. I ate the whole box of cracks for lunch, trying to get rid of the cheese I had left.

Then I made my way down to the O2 arena. This shold not have been difficult but since the Jubilee line was closed, it turned into a headache. I had to go down to Stratford and then take a replacement bus service to North Greenwhich to get down there. I was still there about an hour early.

I made a sign for a ticket but I didn't have to use it. I went to go get in line to buy one and a guy came over offering me a ticket in section 101 for £50. It was a good seat and although I wanted to only spend £40, face on it was about £60, so I was ok with it.

It was an interesting transaction, because he was buying another ticket from a guy and wanted to sell this one first, so it was sort of like a three team deal. When we went over to the guy, he said he just wanted £30 for it, so I got it for about half off. I was pumped.

The seat was good, but I thought I could do better, so I went over to the side of the stage by where I sat for Dylan in Stockholm and went to one of the blocked off seats, probably the best seat in the house because its really close and Dylan looks right at you the whole time while he's hunched over the keyboard. I was happy again.

The show was pretty mediocre. After the Stockholm show where he was moving around and having fun it seemed, he stayed mostly behind his keyboard this time, not even playing guitar once, but he did venture off to the middle of the stage two or three times for harmonica and to sing once. I was shooting video and taking photos and by the second song I was told to stop, so I didn't take nearly as many as last time.

The setlist was good, just the songs weren't. He played mostly the slower ones with non-descript background music that is just sort of there. The standout was "Hollis Brown," but everything else was fairly standard. A big bummer.

Here's the setlist:

1. Maggie's Farm (Bob on keyboard)
2. The Times They Are A-Changin' (Bob on keyboard)
3. Things Have Changed (Bob on keyboard)
4. Chimes Of Freedom (Bob on keyboard)
5. Rollin' And Tumblin' (Bob on keyboard)
6. The Lonesome Death Of Hattie Carroll (Bob on keyboard)
7. 'Til I Fell In Love With You (Bob center stage)
8. Workingman's Blues #2 (Bob on keyboard)
9. Highway 61 Revisited (Bob on keyboard)
10. Ballad Of Hollis Brown (Bob on keyboard)
11. Po' Boy (Bob on keyboard)
12. Honest With Me (Bob on keyboard)
13. When The Deal Goes Down (Bob on keyboard)
14. Thunder On The Mountain (Bob on keyboard)
15. Like A Rolling Stone (Bob on keyboard)



(encore)
16. All Along The Watchtower (Bob on keyboard)
17. Spirit On The Water (Bob on keyboard)
18. Blowin' In The Wind (Bob on keyboard)

I came back and got off at the Tottenham Court stop to walk around a little. I got back and watched some baseball and fell asleep after working on the blog watching the Hawks. Tomorrow I have a lot on my plate, I need to get ready to go and I'm planning on stalking Bob/trying to get into the super small show. Should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment