Thursday, April 9, 2009

8/4/09

I got up and went to the Shakespeare/Dickens walking tour at St. Paul's. It was strange, I expected things like places where they lived or hung out, but this was much more interpretive. They showed some places where Dickens was talking about in books and where Shakespeare lived in the area of, but not what I was hoping for. They had more of history of old London, including things like having buildings that were around when they were and they might have seen. I was more interested in the people than in interpretive places.

We did go through a lot of cool parts of the City of London, including the Smithfield Market, St. Bartholomew Cathedral and saw a part of the London Wall. But not what I was hoping for at all.

After Heidi and I went to look for afternoon tea. Turns out it's not cheap. We went into a place that said they had afternoon tea, but they didn't post any prices or anything and when we asked for a menu they said they didn't have one. It was very strange, but eventually we got them to tell us how much they were and they were more than we wanted.


There was a place where I wanted to go to on Regent Street that had awesome looking pasties so we went there. I had a chocolate mousse cake and a tea. They were good, not the best ever, but solid. I sorta wish I tried the ice cream there, maybe I will later.

I booked some hostels for the Spain trip and looked at places for Tangier. I really want to stay at the Continental Hotel but it doesn't look like they have a website, so I might have to call them. We'll see.

I went with Heidi to Cha Cha Moon, a Chinese restaurant in Soho. It was awesome (and cheap). I had a noodle and vegetable thing, I loved it (and I ate with the chopsticks). There was a cupcake place across the street so we got one of those too. It was more like a muffin with a little frosting and a Peep on top, sort of weird and disapointing.

I came back and booked my return from Paris, which is a relief, as well as extended my hostel stay at the Paris place for another two days. I'm excited, I should be alright to spend so much time in Paris I figure, I can go to Versailles for a day, maybe somewhere else too if I want.

Not sure what I'll do tomorrow, probably get ready for the big trip as much as I can and try to get some Rome and Paris reading done.

No comments:

Post a Comment