Wednesday, February 11, 2009

11/2/09

I've now been here for a month. It really few by, but looking back, I've really done a ton already, more than I thought I'd ever do. The real problem is going to be to try to follow up on it. I can cross the streets with relative ease (although I was almost hit by a truck today) and I can get most British slang. Best of all is that I have a feel for the city, I usually don't bring the GPS with me even.

Writing class today was incredibly boring. I don't know what it is, maybe because this is at least the third time I've taken this class, but I just doesn't do much for me. I pick up some interesting things in it, but the time just dragged on today. The highlight was when we got a 15 minute break to record observations about Wells Street. I went to Bearded Poppa and got a cream puff. It was pretty solid.

In between classes I went to Borders and read a bit of the Glasgow tour book and went to the Starbucks in the store (it's funny, in American Borders only have Seattle's Best while Barnes and Nobel only has Starbucks). I got a Strawberries and Cream and since they had blueberry cheesecake at Starbucks (two of my favorite things) I had to try it. It was a little dry, not Breadstix or mom good.

The improv class was next. Only eight people showed up. The class was an absolute disaster. I don't know if it was because most of the class was missing or what, but it was just awful. No one had anything good today, no one was funny, and it was an incredibly painful three hours. The coolest thing that happened was after the class I saw a sign that said that the stage that we perform on was where Jimi Hendrix made his first UK performance opening for Cream. That's amazing.

I made some veggie burgers and did some catching up with everything, but I wasn't too productive. There are about four things I want to write but haven't got around do, so I went to the Starbucks down the street and got a Strawberries and Cream (again) and typed up a story. I felt a lot better after getting something done. I still have quite a few other ideas that I want to get done before I go to Glasgow, but I don't know I'll I'll really get them done or not, hopefully at least started.


I went down to Barclay's and too some cash out for the first time. I also stopped by Tesco and bought a couple small things.

Today is Paul's birthday. He's 17 today, that seems super old for him. Weird.

I told my mom to Skype me when they were doing cake. It was pretty cool. I went and bought a chocolate indulgence cake at Tesco so I could have cake with them via webcam. I thought it was one of the cooler things the internet is capable of, I felt like I was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment