Wednesday, February 18, 2009

18/2/09

Today I had to get down to the Tate Modern for my writing class. Well it turns out I took turned the wrong way to get there and ended up at Tower Bridge. It was a nice day, so it wasn't too bad, but I was about 30 minutes late getting down there. I couldn't find the class anywhere. I looked through every single room in those galleries and couldn't find them anywhere. I have no idea where they went off to. I stayed around for about an hour and a half looking and finally decided to call it quits around noon.

I went back home and ate since I didn't have time to in the morning. I also got the blog together and then left for Devising London. This week was much better than last, although not one of my better personal weeks. Apparently summoning Karl Marx from the dead in a seance is only funny to me. Good thing I didn't talk about my two movie ideas, "Hitler on the Titanic" and "Shakespeare in Space."

Anyways, I came back and and went down to Starbucks to write a story for the creative writing class. I went to the Starbucks around the street and sat outside. It's in the upper 40s today and it felt pretty good, although my hands were getting pretty cold. I finished that up around 9 and came back to my dorm. I ran into one of the kids from my writing class and I asked where they heck they were. Turns out they were at the Tate Britain, not the Tate Modern. I felt pretty dumb, but I didn't tell him that.

I checked the mail room and they had my package. I got a really cool black scarf, which is basically what I was looking for and going to pay like $50 for at Banana Republic, and some Valentine candy from mom. They lasted about three minutes.

I booked a trip to Liverpool on Saturday, it's going to be around 50 so I'm taking a bus that will get me in around 6 am and then I'll leave around the 11 that night getting back in London around 6:30. I'm excited, I have to figure out a good Beatles tour to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment