Thursday, February 5, 2009

4/2/09


After messing around on the computer until my 45 free minutes were up. I then wandered the airport. I tried to buy some tea at a couple places but they didn't understand, so I went back up to the McDonald's cafe and ordered a iced chocolate drink and dozed off. They started coming to clean the area I was in so I went downstairs and found an empty row of seats without arm rails. There were people sleeping on every other one so I was lucky to find this one.

I slept incredibly well, leaning my head against my backpack. I slept almost straight through for about two hours until an airport workman came by and said 'one seat.' Since it was 4:30, I decided I'd just stay up and get ready for my flight. I wasn't going to miss this one.

I went to the ticket counter and gave them my code after trying to get it at one of the automated machines with no luck. They couldn't find the reservation either. I started to worry again, especially since I found a fare for about half-price. Turns out my handwriting was bad and what I thought was a 7 was really a Y.

Customs were easy and I got in way too early. The lady I tried to get through to my gate and the lady told me it was way too early and there was nothing to do. So I went and ordered a tea and picked out pictures for the blog while watching Obama be interviewed on CNN. I didn't really feel like I was in Greece. Airports are very sterile and almost interchangeable everywhere. There was the language thing, but otherwise this could have been anywhere in the world.

At 6 I went to the gates and went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. They took us from a shuttle bus to the airplane where we boarded Presidentially. I had a row to myself (the plane was maybe 30% full.) Other than takeoff, I don't remember a thing about this flight. I've never slept so well on a flight before.

I back back through customs and got in trouble because I didn't have the papers with me saying I was a student. I thought I only needed them the first time I entered the country, turns out you need them everytime. But it was fine, I was interrogated harder than I should have been but it all worked out.

I bought a ticket to Victoria Station and waited around for 10 minutes because the train was delayed with the weather. The ride was smooth, I just read the Metro.

I went right to class. It was basically worthless. The only interested part we did was right a bit of a story and pass it to the next person. We looked at 6-word Hemingway stories, which I've always liked. ('For sale: Two baby shoes, unworn'

I went back and showered before improv class. I got to bring the items I bought for props. Class was a bunch of fun. I did some good things with the dinosaur and party light as well as with acting as a secret agent and worker at Harrod's.

I stopped off at Tesco and bought some cheese, milk, pasta, and Cheerios. I ran into a lot of the floor when I ate and we planned to all go watch the movie in the kitchen (using a sock to cover the light sensor) We watched 'Requiem for a Dream.' I didn't think I'd ever watched it before but I know I saw at least some of it somewhere (I think with Sam, he loves that movie.) It was great, although really depressing. We just hung around the kitchen and chatted about all sorts of stuff.

I'm dead tired, and only got to upload pictures from the first day. I'll get the rest done tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment