Wednesday, February 25, 2009

25/2/09

For, lo, the winter is past,
The rain is over and gone;
The flowers appear on the earth;
The time of the singing of birds is come,
And the voice of the turtle is heard in our land.

Today is the first Tiger's Spring Training game. I really wish I could go back this year, I loved it last year. Hopefully next year it can become a tradition.

My column ran today for RedEye, you can click on the image below to read it (seems like it might be a good idea for them to try to get web traffic off the columns, if I only knew someone that could do that kind of thing...) Also, I'm pretty sure I'm the only non-dog/man with bag on his head that writes for RedEye. It's basically like working with Woodward and Bernstein.

I didn't have class today and just had to meet for 15 minutes with my professor about the story I'm doing. That was pretty painless.

Devising London was maybe the best one we've had yet, and I'll take credit for it because I had a lot of good ideas for things today, like how we have to use cards for things everywhere (fun fact: I have to swipe my card five times to get into my room). I think we made a lot of progress toward the actual performance we're going to do.

After class I came back and made a pizza, which was alright. It was super cheap and sort of tasted like cardboard, but whatever, it worked. I read my article and did some reading online. I want to figure out how to get in on ESPN Chicago and I emailed Conklin seeing if he might have some ideas or anything. Can't hurt.

I went down to Starbucks and rewrote my story like the professor suggested and then came back home for the night. I looked at going to a play but I really wasn't up to it. My throat is a little sore, probably for not really sleeping, so I think it'd be nice to take it easy for the night. I did some Prague reading and started looking to book the last weekend in March. I came real close to booking Romania yesterday, but now I'm not sure if I want to go to Bucharest or Transylvania, or a combination.

Amy is going to be in the Netherlands in March and we're planning on going to either Sweden or Poland for the weekend. That should be pretty cool I think.

Places I still want to go to that I haven't booked: Romania, Lisbon, Italy, Spain (whenever I can get a hold of Dr. Schmidt), Cairo, Moscow, Dubai, Dublin, Vienna. I must be missing something big.

Since I've been at this for a while now and because today was particularly slow, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for future postings? More of something, less of something? More pictures, less typing? The other way around? Anything. I think that I've scared most readers away so that it's basically mom and dad reading this, but if anyone else is out there, feel free to comment.

My street at night.

1 comment:

  1. I want it all!!!!!!!! Write, write, write and lots of pictures. It is too cool!!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete