Friday, February 13, 2009

13/2/09

I woke up today and read my emails, and EasyJet is offering £5 off each way flights in March, so I booked Prague for March 1-3 and going to Munich and leaving from Berlin March 13-17. I'm excited, I'm glad I have them finalized.

I met the Americans for lunch outside the Great Portland Street stop. They all had an English breakfast, but since it consists of basically all meat, I opted for a panini. Not that great. The tea I had was better.

We all then walked across the street to see about getting a membership to the International Student House travel club so that we could go to Cairo for that awesome price. Turns out that you need to apply for one of 12 spots, which are picked based on diversity, both ethnicity and what university. Bummer. I figure only one of us will get it, if that. They said 50 people had already applied, so it's looking slim. If anything, I might be able to make the case I'm the whitest applicant.

I came back and printed off my bus pass (which is not an easy thing to do here, every time I've tried to print something there's been some sort of jam with one of the printers). But it worked eventually.

I got some things together for leaving and then went down to Primark and finally bought my black jeans. They were about £5. I also bought a very British grey shirt and some grey shoes (they were £4, I figure even if I don't love them its nice to have a pair if the others are wet or something).

I did some looking up on Loch Ness, seems like you can do a day tour for it, and if the group wants to go to Edinburgh, which they've talked about, I'll do Loch Ness. We'll see, I'm not super excited about Glasgow since I was just in Scotland, but it'll be a small adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment