Friday, February 6, 2009

5/2/09

For Art and Society today we went to the Royal Academy, where I tried to go to the Linnean Society meeting a couple weeks ago. We went to see the exhibit on the architect Andrea Palladio. He worked in the 16th century mostly in Venice and Vicenza areas of Italy. So for a London class, it didn't really tie in. He's considered the most influential modern architect.

The exhibit was mostly drawings, not really anything super interesting. It did make me want to go to Vicenza when I go to Italy though.

I came back and ate then went to my theater class. It was okay, we talked about "Complicit" and how bad it was. We went over that and then talked about theater history and whatnot. It was alright. I got to do improv with some other people in the class because everyone else went to the Comedy Store (which I really want to do) and we played a game from it. During break I went and got a Strawberries and Creme, they've been getting better lately.

After class I stopped by Borders and returned my Athens book. It was a little more beat up than the ones I usually return so I was a little nervous. But they took it, no questions asked. I love Borders.

I came back home and spent the next four or five hours updating photos from Greece and organizing them. I'm glad I got it all done, it's exciting to see now.

The Americans stopped by the bar downstairs (Inter:Mission. I don't know if there's been anything good with colons in it) and we stayed for maybe an hour before we went to McDonald's (I hadn't been there in years and then went twice in the last two days) and I got a McFlurry again.

They left and I looked at going to Liverpool a little before I fell asleep in the middle of this post.

I forgot my camera battery at my room today so I only have one picture, of my bag I bought which was basically the only thing I didn't take a picture of in Athens.

No comments:

Post a Comment