Monday, February 16, 2009

16/2/09

I slept until around 1:30 and woke up with a pretty bad headache. I got caught up online, and most notably received emails from Brian, here's the highlights.
First, I need to send you some paperwork to fill out so we can get you on payroll. They are a pain, I know...As far as your column specifically. How about we do it casual and, say, you can do it every other week. My openings are usually on Wednesdays, so if you send something to me Sunday or Monday, that works. If you are really digging it, we can talk about doing it weekly if you want. For topics, you can do local, national, whatever. The length you have been sending is good, a tad over. Columns are usually around 370 words.
Anyhow, I'm glad you are willing to give it a try. I think you have a style that people can relate to.
He also sent me over the paperwork, which I'm going to try to get out tomorrow. I'm really excited. I'm glad it's going to be a regular column so it gives me something to plan ahead for instead of frantically writing something whenever something comes to me. Hopefully this will go well and I can work my way into something weekly.

On eBay there were two game used Chad Curtis jerseys that went up and I put in bids for both. One was a 1997 road Yankees jersey and the other a 2000 Rangers BP jersey. I big $250 for the Yankees one...and lost somehow. Whoever is paying $270 for Chad Curtis game used jersey, I have no idea, I sort of wish I as there to out bid them. But I got the Rangers jersey for $70.

I also heard back from Cathy about Dr. Schmidt, he's going to be in Spain in March, so I'm going to try to call again this week and see about seeing him. I'm excited for that.

I also booked another flight today, a bunch of the Americans are going to Amsterdam March 6-9, so I booked my flight too. Looks like March is going to be a busy travel month, I'm excited. There are talks about a Dublin trip somewhere in there as well, probably the weekend after St. Patrick's Day, which might be cool.

I went to Starbucks and wrote up the blog and stopped by Tesco to buy a couple things. I felt better after the Starbucks.

I came back and got the pictures up, which took a lot longer than I thought it would since my internet kept cutting in and out.

Tomorrow I'm going to Highgate Cemetery tomorrow for Devising London. I'm hoping to get the documents mailed out as well. No really big plans or anyting. And hopefully I'll sleep some too.

No comments:

Post a Comment