Sunday, February 22, 2009

20/2/09

I slept until 1. I was pretty beat. I went down to the library and printed off my boarding pass and a map of Beatle attractions. It took longer than I expected again, but I'm learning that I just shouldn't expect printing to go quick.

I saw Phil and he wanted to get everyone together for dinner, so I thought that would be fun. I went with the hall to an Italian place on Baker Street just around the corner. It was packed and they wouldn't take us. But I saw another Italian place right across the street where we could get a table easy. It was sort of strange, it looked into the Baker Street station. I've never ate anywhere like that. It turned out to be a really great meal. I hadn't seen the floor for a while so we all chatted and I ordered a pizza. It was huge. And among the best pizza I've ever had, easily the best in Europe.

We spent maybe two hours there and I still hadn't done much packing or researching on what was in Liverpool so I went back and did that until I had to go.

One of the girls on the hall, Ali, said she wanted to go, but we were getting late and she couldn't make it. But I had to hurry to get down to the station. I basically ran through the closing door on the first Tube train and the second train came right away. I jogged down to my departure place and I couldn't see the bus. Turns out it was in the back and no one had borded, making me the first to board. It was a double decker so naturally I picked the best spot, the front in the upper deck. It was really nice traveling there, I could put my legs up and the view was great leaving London. I fell asleep pretty quickly though.

No comments:

Post a Comment