Saturday, February 28, 2009

28/2/09

Today was the typical day before a trip. Didn't do a whole lot.

Slept in for a while and went and changed some money out. Then I tried to go print out my bus and plane ticket. The library's computer weren't working because of some power outage that messed things up. So I didn't really know what to do so I walked to the Regent Street campus. The library there was closed. I finally went and took the 25-minute ride to the Harrow campus, because their library is open 24 hours. Well I got down there and the computer system was completely down, so I couldn't print there. This is about three hours after I first tried printing and I was getting frustrated/worried.

Heidi said she thought there was a internet cafe by Sainsbury's, and since I didn't really have any other options, I gave it a shot, expecting it to be closed. It was open and I could print. It was a pound for an hour and 20p per copy, not bad at all. I'd never been to an internet cafe before and it was pretty nice actually. This one was strange in that it was like a fast food place/internet cafe. Strange. But it was relaxed and no one bothered me at all. I only used about 15 minutes of my hour, so I left the little code thing on the computer, I hope someone else got to use it.

Once I had everything printed I felt a lot better. Next time I'm going to print off all my bookings and just hold onto them, and not mess around with this last minute stuff. The rest of the night I worked on figuring out Prague and getting ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment