Saturday, February 28, 2009

27/2/09

Today was pretty awesome.

I got up and booked a trip to Lisbon March 28-1. EasyJet has 25% off right now. I'm really pumped about going there, it looks gorgeous. Then wrote my paper at Starbucks outside because it was gorgeous outside, in the 50s and sunny.

Then I walked down to Regent Park and explored for the first time. It's pretty big. There were people outside playing football and families were walking around. There was a nice pond there with a lot of different birds swimming around, including a number that I'd never seen before.

I wandered past the zoo and thought it would be cool to go in, that is if it wasn't £14. Amazing. I thought it would be free for sure. Definitely not. So I just walked around for a little more.

I went down to Borders on Oxford Street and bought a book on Amsterdam. I'm considering buying the Diary of Anne Frank and trying to read it before I go to Amsterdam, but I feel weird about returning that book after I read it. Don't know what to do about that one.

After that I was walking back down Regent Street and I saw a bunch of people out around All Soul's Church and the BBC building. I asked an officer was was going on and they said U2 was going to be playing a free concert from the rooftop. This is the kind of thing you sort of dream about happening while walking around London. Granted, I don't particularly like U2, but they're just about the biggest band on the planet. They said it would start at 6 and I was there at 5:45, so I waited. They didn't start until 6:45. They played four songs, two new ones and then Vertigo and Beautiful Day. I have to say I enjoyed it. Bono was climbing all around the fence for the balcony, at one point I thought he was going to jump. I was also hoping he was going to pull Paul McCartney out and sing Get Back or something. Didn't happen.

After the concert I went and waiting for them to leave the building. After waiting for about 45 minutes Bono walked out for about five seconds. My buddy Wayne was right in front of me, he was super pumped about this, it made me more excited. He was super jealous I had the photo with Emma Watson, but then he saw the entire royal family a few days ago, so it all evened out. But he was there with a girl from my theater class, Katie, and they wanted me to go get something to eat and go see a movie with them. So I said sure. I had to go to a birthday thing for Michael N. later, so I said I'd just get something to eat.

We went to this pizza place that has slices outside in Leicester Square that I've wanted to go to for a while. Then we went to Rendezvous, which is a desert place. I had a 'rich chocolate' piece of cake. It was great. I really liked hanging out with them, Wayne and I hang out all during the acting class, hopefully I can hang out with him some more.

I went down to Old Street to meet up with the Americans for Michael N's birthday. We hung around the dorm for a little and then we went down to this bar/club thing. It was packed. They played all old soul and classic American stuff. I really liked it.

What I didn't like was trying to get back. The Tube was closed and we had to take a night bus. And the one we needed didn't come for about 40 minutes. It too about a half hour to get back as well, so I probably wasn't home until 3. This entire time I was pulling my trademark book-in-the-back-pocket look (as seen in my Bill Clinton picture). I was pretty tired.

1 comment:

  1. How about pictures of people you write about, like Wayne? That would be fun. How cool to see U2! You are the luckiest person I know!! Mom
    What is a url and how do I make it work?

    ReplyDelete