Wednesday, March 11, 2009

11/3/09

First off, I saw that Colleen Howe died, that's sad, although it's been a long time she's been dealing with all that. I'll always remember when she came over with the autographed magazine for me at the gala dinner.

My writing class was ok, the playwrite Ben Musgrave ran it. He was interesting, much better than a regular class. I read his play, "Pretend You Have Big Buildings" the night before, it was ok, not the jolly, upbeat play he thought it was, but it did play with the setting a lot, which is what he talked about most the the time.

For the introductions, he wanted us to all answer a bunch of questions. One of them was to talk about a place that was meaningful to you, so I wrote about Tiger Stadium. He was incredibly interested in what I had to say. At the end, he said, 'brilliant.' I was excited.

After class I went to the library and read about Munich. I'm not feeling all that prepared for it.

Improv was solid, the performance is all coming together, I have a big part in it, I'm going to be in about half the things we do (or so).

After class I caught up with the blogs and did a little more Muniching. My RedEye column didn't run today, I'm a little nervous about that. I should probably email Brian to see if he just didn't like it or what, but I'm sorta curious to why it didn't run and when I should send my next one in. I was assuming this would happen someday, I just didn't want it to, it sort of messes with my confidence.

I met up with Annie, Heidi, and Paul at the Golden Hind, which was just down Marylebone High Street (a really cool area around the corner from me) and I sat with them while they ate (I had already ate). It was nice, although I came by the time they were already almost done with their meals.

I came back and since it was so nice outside (about 55 degrees), I went up on the roof of the library across the street, stole some wifi, and typed this up while I Skyped ma. This is probably going to be my spot here, sort of like how Buckingham Fountain was in Chicago, I just wish the view here was a little better. And it would be nice if I didn't have to sit on wooden carts, but no complaints.

I saw the Bob Dylan is going to be in Stockholm when I am (and playing a super small club show on Sunday) so I might try to go there. I think I'll see him in London and I'm thinking I'll fly to Dublin when he's there the first week in May and see him. I'm excited. I also think I'll buy a ticket for Calvin Harris in May.

Tomorrow I have classes (we're going to the Somerset House, which I'm sorta excited about) and then the play class should be good too. I'm going to put a lot of time into Germany over the next bit here, I imagine it'll be sort of a stressful couple days. I don't have any firm plans for what to do except I want to see Dachau and maybe a opera on Friday (tickets are cheap). Should be interesting.

I also watched a bit of the USA in the WBC, the first baseball I saw all year.

No comments:

Post a Comment