Thursday, March 5, 2009

5/4/09

I slept in today and got up and went to the Saachi Gallery. When I got there, outside were a bunch of British children all in awesome British uniforms. They looked very Oliver Twisty. I'd never heard of the gallery, or been by where it was, so I didn't know what to expect. I loved it. It was a nice and pretty big art gallery. The stuff there focused on the Middle Eastern relationship with the rest of the world. Some of it was really good, like the paintings, some of it funny, like some of the photos, and some awesome, like the fake old guys in wheelchairs that you could go walk around. They were motion sensored so they wouldn't hit you, you were part of the art. I loved it. In general, it was one of the better art places I'd been to so far over here.


On the way back I heard a elementary school Brit (wearing one of those Oliver Twist hats) say 'silver bananas.' And they say bananas like 'ba-nah-nahs.' I thought it was really hilarious. That's going to be my new band name.I stopped by Carphone Warehouse and tried to get them to fix my SIM card. They weren't about to do that, telling me to call Talk Mobile (since it really was the issue with them).

It was great outside and on my way to the improv class I found £15 on the ground. The funny thing was I was thinking about finding money on the street lately although it was more like finding £1,000. That would be awesome. £15 is probably the most I've ever found on the street though. So it was a good day so far. The teacher couldn't come because of a death, so we were supposed to do it ourselves. The first hour and a half we sort of messed around and then did some decent work for a little. It was alright, we'll see she the professor thinks of it.


I came back and called Talk Mobile and they said that my card wasn't picking up the signals so I should go in and manually set it up. I couldn't end up getting that to work, so tomorrow I'll probably go buy a new one and mess with it later. So yes, I'll be getting another number.

I finished up my paper due tomorrow. It's not that great, but I don't really think it'll be that bad, especially in comparison to everyone else's. I didn't put a ton of effort into it, so that's fine, it's not that big of a deal.

I also booked my flight from Munich to Berlin, it's on Monday morning. I also got a bus back from Amsterdam and for the Lisbon trip. A semi-productive day.

I had some dinner and then went to print off all my boarding passes, bus passes, all that travel stuff for the next month. It went pretty smoothly surprisingly. Then I ran to Tesco to get some Ritz crackers and I decided to grab a Yorkie bar, which advertises itself as 'not for girls.' This will hopefully be a part of an ongoing series of 'Scott tries strange British candy.' This was just a chocolate bar, but very good.

I spent the rest of the day working on the blog, managing to get it all up to date.

Tomorrow is going to be crazy. I have the two classes, and between I want to get my phone back up. I also need to change out some money. I'm going to go right from my second class to the Peter Bjorn and John show. I'm excited, they're my favorite band. I wonder how concerts will be in England, I'm not really sure if people are going to line up super early or what. I'm hoping to get there about two hours early. Should be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment