Thursday, March 12, 2009

12/3/09

My RedEye column ended up running today. Guess I didn't have anything to worry about after all. Here it is:

They edited out my favorite though. When I'm talking about the excuse for Harden, the next line was 'and the dog ate his passport.' I found that really funny for some reason, maybe I was the only one.

We went to the Somerset House for class, it was really cool actually. It's right off the river, through a little park. I'd seen it before and wanted to visit, I didn't know we'd be going.

It's smaller art museum, but lots of famous art, including the Van Gogh with the bandaged ear. Most of it was impressionist and post-impressionist, so it was a nice break from the Tate Britain Baroque stuff.

Then I went and got my paper back from the professor and talked about the next paper (I'm going to do it on city paintings I think). I got a B, mostly because of a few word choices he didn't like (enormous instead of huge for example). Their scale is so weird here that he said most B's are A's in America? I'm confused. And also not caring at all.

Theater class was next, and I basically wrote my paper for that class during the class. I'm going to review 'Wrecks' which should be interesting. I'm going to give a presentation in two weeks, I think on movie reviews vs. theater reviews. I can do all the movie stuff, not sure how the theater stuff will work. I'll email someone.

After class I came back and did a lot of busy work getting ready for Germany, getting the stuff together, hostel info, things to do there, etc. Boring, but necessary.

Yesterday I booked tickets to Venice with Mary and to Dublin May 5-7. Dylan is going to play two shows there, so I thought it would be a good time to go to Dublin. I'm really excited because the main floor is standing, so I can get there early and be right up front.

I also booked a hostel for Amy and I for Stockholm. We're staying in a prison on Saturday (open from 1840-1975) and then probably a boat the next night. Awesome. I booked a regular 15th century hostel for Friday night on my own.

I'm feeling a little better about Germany, mostly because of the free tours. I'm really interested in the Nazi history there, and there is a Nazi tour I can take as well as go to Dachau, which I'm doing for sure. Berlin should be equally interesting.

I met up with the Americans to go to the pub, the one we went to the first night I hung out with them. Turns out it's just down Marylebone High Street, just around the corner. It seems so much closer now that I know my way around the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment