Saturday, March 28, 2009

26/3/09 Last Day of Class

It was strange waking up knowing that it would be my last day of going to class ever. Since I remember taking first day of class pictures in the morning before school, I took a last day of class picture before I went.

First was my Art and Society class. I debated skipping it to work on my presentation, but I decided to go to at least the lecture part (which are always completely worthless for the most part). This one wasn't so worthless, sure the actual things the professors said were, but I got a £5 rebate and they had chocolate cookies, so it was worth going to.

We went to the Tate Modern, which I'd been to a number of times already. I figured I'd leave after an hour or so to go work on my presentation. But with my awesome professor leading the tour, it was much better than any other time that I'd been there. There were some early Pollocks and Picassos that I had completely overlooked. We watched a film as well, all interesting. I'm going to miss the professor giving the tours, he's really great at it. I stayed the whole two hours.

I came back and got my presentation all finalized and went to the computer lab to print that and the play off to turn in (it was due at 6 pm). I walked down to Wells Street and turned in the play, finishing off my first class.

My theater teacher was at the performance the night before and called me the star and was surprised with my performance. It was great to hear it from someone else as well.

After waiting through a number of boring presentations, I went. I feel like it was ok, not my greatest presenting moment, but at least one of the more interesting presentations so far, in part because I didn't do a stupid PowerPoint. I wasn't super prepared for it, and it wasn't concluded particularly well, but I can't imagine getting anything lower than a B on it.

As the class was coming to a close, I started thinking about it being my last day of class and what that really meant. It doesn't seem quite real, after 20 years of going to school that all the sudden I won't be and I'll be doing something completely different not set up by some structured system, but by something that I want to do. I'm slightly terrified, because I have no idea it is what I'll be doing or where, and in the fact that it's up to me to get there, but it's exciting as well in a sense. I'm not really ready to stop being a kid though. While I'm in London, it doesn't feel real yet. When I'm home though, I imagine things will change some.

After class I went down to Leicester Square for the '17 Again' premier. It was packed with screaming 8-16 year-olds because Zac Efron is the star of it. I got a spot along the rail, but it was a ways down from the red carpet, so the cars with the stars drove right past. I was more excited about trying to see Thomas Lennon, who is Lt. Jim Dangle on Reno 911 than I was about Zac, although since I look 67% like him, it would have been interesting anyways. Zac came out and I couldn't really get anywhere near him, although I could definitely see him well. It's sort of amazing that's his life while I'm just sort of starting mine. Weird.

I went back home and worked on some papers and hung out with the Americans for a little before I went to bed early. I still have to turn in two papers and write my Girl Talk/Picasso paper, and then I'm officially done with school forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment